jump to top
Ask a question
Here the advice:
- "Things which matter most must never be at the mercy of things which matter least."
- "We don't change. We're doing the same thing today as our ancestors, but under different names. We can look back and see how stupid and evil they were, and assume that we're right and more advanced, but we're unable to see the their flaws in ourselves."
- "To understand all is to forgive all."
- "Be aware of virtue. You might only be self-serving. (But that's fine too)"
- "The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away."
- "You forgive yourself by realizing that nobody can act beyong their level of consciousness."
- "If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed."
- "Reflect less, notice more."
- "Whatever is taken away will create an attraction for something more appropriate to who you are now, and who you are becoming."
- "Give yourself a present."
- "Happiness is the absence of ignorance."
- "The past feeds the future."
- "A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live."
- "Let the past be a teacher, not a dictator."
- "Who are you... at this moment?! Are you the emotions you feel? Are you the thoughts that are running through your head? Or are you the observer behind all that?"
- "Things falling apart is a kind of testing and also a kind of healing. We think that the point is to pass the test or to overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don’t really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It’s just like that. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy."
- "The greatest nations have all acted like gangsters and the smallest like prostitutes."
- "To understand the limitation of things, desire them."
- "If you can't live with yourself, then there must be two of you"
- "Honor your talent."
- "Cut the rope and go into a free fall.
No, I don't mean “ending it all”, nothing suicidal.
Nihilistic abyss is not so nihilistic, after all. At the very least you believe in its existence - that is already more than nothing.
But what is more important, it is filled with unmet expectations. Life seems empty and meaningless and lacking… Lacking what exactly?
It is lacking whatever you expected it to have. It is lacking your expectations. Those are your rope. You know that your expectations are not met, yet you are not willing to let go of them.
Cut the rope. Wave bye-bye to your expectations and go into a free fall, exploring whatever happens to come your way. Every moment brings something new, and it is always something unexpected… if you drop the expectations!
Don't make big plans. Just see what the next moment brings. It will never be empty or meaningless, I promise you, if you let go of the mental filter that cuts off everything but your expectations. That filter is what gives the world its nihilistic colors, not the world itself."
- "It takes one to know one."
- "Honor the divine in you."
- "We live in a house of mirrors and think we are looking out the windows."
- "Fear is the foundation for your indestructible self-confidence."
- "Make no thought about tomorrow, because tomorrow will take care of itself."
- "Feelings are just as much a vehicle of truth as the facts are, they just communicate another equally important side of it."
- "You are the cause of your feelings, not the effect."
- "Allowing for obvious differences, each of us proceeding gradually in our psychological development, must also learn to observe critically the world we are about to enter, and be capable of evaluading and distinguishing between our illness and the collective one.
it's very important to understand this point, because so much neurotic suffering is precisely the result of not having understand that what's gone wring is not within the individual, but in the outside world."
- "I looked, and looked, and this I came to see:
That what I thought was you and you,
Was really me and me."
- "Respect money!"
- "Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom."
- "You think that to close eyes on someone or something gives you control. It doesn't.
It's cowardness, or worse: ignorance."
- "Empowerment comes with perseverance."
- "If you can talk brilliantly about a problem, it can create the consoling illusion that it has been mastered."
- "Your perception of the world is a reflection of your state of consciousness."
- "Everything is shown up by being exposed to the light , and whatever is exposed to the light itself becomes light."
- "You can work really hard in your job and make a living. You can work really hard on yourself and make a fortune. Love your life, and leave a legacy worth remembering."
- "Don't think even for a minute that an illusion isn't real."
- "When he makes a mistake, he realizes it.
Having realized it, he admits it.
Having admitted it, he corrects it.
He considers those who point out his faults
as his most benevolent teachers.
He thinks of his enemy
as the shadow that he himself casts."
- "Beware of the temptation of seeing yourself unfairly treated."
- "Accept the challenges presented to you, be strong and flexible, and don't look back and be infinitely self-reliant."
- "You must have a plan, otherwise you'll become someone else's plan."
- "When, as happens so often, we let our annoyance out on others, while we are actually feeling it about ourselves, we are basically trying to cloud and delude our judgement; we want to motivate our annoyance a posteriori by the oversights and inadequacies of others, so that we can lose sight of ourselves."
- "To live a creative life, you must loose your fear of being wrong."
- "Show leadership through integrity and self-respect. Define what success means to you. Consistency wins every time."
- "There's always a possibility of richer maturation - of taking more and more responsibility for yourself and for your life...And this is what I hope...to make you understand how much you gain by taking re-sponsibility for every emotion, every movement you make, every thought you have...We touch each other by honestly being what we are, not intentionally making contact."
- "Die to the past in any moment."
- "Whatever you fight you strenghten, what you resist persists."
- "We are never deceived; we deceive ourselves"