jump to top
Ask a question
Here the advice:
- "Things falling apart is a kind of testing and also a kind of healing. We think that the point is to pass the test or to overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don’t really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It’s just like that. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy."
- "When, as happens so often, we let our annoyance out on others, while we are actually feeling it about ourselves, we are basically trying to cloud and delude our judgement; we want to motivate our annoyance a posteriori by the oversights and inadequacies of others, so that we can lose sight of ourselves."
- "To understand all is to forgive all."
- "Creativity is freedom from the past."
- "Accept the challenges presented to you, be strong and flexible, and don't look back and be infinitely self-reliant."
- "The world belongs to those who let go."
- "Visit the interior parts of the earth; by rectification you shall find the hidden stone."
- "When he makes a mistake, he realizes it.
Having realized it, he admits it.
Having admitted it, he corrects it.
He considers those who point out his faults
as his most benevolent teachers.
He thinks of his enemy
as the shadow that he himself casts."
- "Who are you... at this moment?! Are you the emotions you feel? Are you the thoughts that are running through your head? Or are you the observer behind all that?"
- "My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to find peace with exactly who and what I am. To take pride in my thoughts, my appearance, my talents, my flaws and to stop this incessant worrying that I can’t be loved as I am."
- "Step into your power. Power is about knowing you have an element of control over your life, even if it is as subtle as choosing how you respond. Power is about living your truth and taking ownership. Power is knowing that you can trust your intuition and being ready to act on it. Power is knowing what is in your control and what isn't and being willing to surrender when necessary.
Power is not about never being afraid. It's about being with your fear, knowing it, loving it for wanting to protect you but not allowing it to rule you. Power is being self-sufficient without being isolated and power is about being responsible and responsive. Power is self-knowledge, humility and deep, unyielding unconditional love. Power is recognising you are a co-creator in your life."
- "Whatever you fight you strenghten, what you resist persists."
- "Cut the rope and go into a free fall.
No, I don't mean “ending it all”, nothing suicidal.
Nihilistic abyss is not so nihilistic, after all. At the very least you believe in its existence - that is already more than nothing.
But what is more important, it is filled with unmet expectations. Life seems empty and meaningless and lacking… Lacking what exactly?
It is lacking whatever you expected it to have. It is lacking your expectations. Those are your rope. You know that your expectations are not met, yet you are not willing to let go of them.
Cut the rope. Wave bye-bye to your expectations and go into a free fall, exploring whatever happens to come your way. Every moment brings something new, and it is always something unexpected… if you drop the expectations!
Don't make big plans. Just see what the next moment brings. It will never be empty or meaningless, I promise you, if you let go of the mental filter that cuts off everything but your expectations. That filter is what gives the world its nihilistic colors, not the world itself."
- "If one devalues rationality, the world tends to fall apart."
- "It's a mistake to confuse pity with love."
- "Doubt detracts from success, eventually leading us to boycott ourselves."
- "Everything is shown up by being exposed to the light , and whatever is exposed to the light itself becomes light."
- "What or whom does it serve, to act in this way."
- "Relying on talent will not work at the elite levels of competition. Endurance, knowing your weak points and discipline are the key elements."
- "The distinction between the past, present and future is only a stubbornly persistent illusion, the only reason for time, is so that everything doesn’t happen at once."
- "Make no thought about tomorrow, because tomorrow will take care of itself."
- "Honour each hour you have been given."
- "Knocking at the door. It opens. I have been knocking from inside."
- "There is a false saying: How can someone who can't save himself save others?
Supposing I have the key to your chains, why should your lock and my lock be the same?"
- "We cannot change anything unless we accept it."
- "...nobody can stand truth if it is told to him. Truth can be tolerated only if you discover it yourself because then, the pride of discovery makes the truth palatable."
- "It is not the beauty of a building you should look at; it is the construction of the foundation that will stand the test of time."
- "Love has the power to destroy or create."
- "Don't think even for a minute that an illusion isn't real."
- "Fear is the foundation for your indestructible self-confidence."
- "If you can talk brilliantly about a problem, it can create the consoling illusion that it has been mastered."
- "We live in a house of mirrors and think we are looking out the windows."
- "What is great in man is that he is a bridge and not a goal."
- "The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone."
- "If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed."
- "No Judgment --> No Shame."
- "Let the past be a teacher, not a dictator."
- "A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live."
- "You are the cause of your feelings, not the effect."
- "Honor the divine in you."
- "You think that to close eyes on someone or something gives you control. It doesn't.
It's cowardness, or worse: ignorance."
- ""We don't set out to save the world; we set out to wonder how people are doing and to reflect on how our actions affect other people hearts.""
- "The rhetoric of discursive materials is one of the most salient representations of group ideology. In turn, ideology, particularly when it reflects and perpetuates social hegemony, has a normalizing effect on itself. Ideology shapes identity; identity shapes strategies to set process norms that create social cohesion. Norms of social cohesion become culture; culture reinforces ideology. When these components mirror social hegemony and replicate hegemonic power, they create institutions, like service organizations; these institutions then legitimate and normalize positions of social privilege. Ultimately, ideology and social hegemony reveal themselves through organizational and member practices and organizationally-produced discursive material."
- "Die to the past in any moment."
- "A true work of art is an object that has power to draw our attention,
to draw perception inwards, to its source of pure beauty.
It is never the thought that is true,
it is never the person that is loveable,
it is never the object that is beautiful.
Truth, love, beauty, they reside in the Self.
They reside at the source of experience.
They are our-self.
Truth, Love, Beauty, can not be found anywhere else.
Everything that we deeply long for: Truth, Love, Beauty
Resides in the simple knowing of our own being as it is.
It's knowing of itself, in us, as us."
- "The greatest nations have all acted like gangsters and the smallest like prostitutes."
- "Be useless! Any talent you posess will merely attract the attention of those who exploit it. If you're strong you will die in battle, if you're clever you will be made to work, and then killed in times of fear: it is usually the intelligentsia that are slaughered by nervous goverments. So, be useless!"
- "Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom."
- "Show, don't tell!"
- "We know so little about one another. We embrace a shadow and love a dream."