jump to top
You came here to look for some answers...
Here your advice:
- "Happiness is the absence of ignorance."
- "Your perception of the world is a reflection of your state of consciousness."
- "Don't think even for a minute that an illusion isn't real."
- "Lose your mind and come to your senses."
- "Let the past be a teacher, not a dictator."
- "The world belongs to those who let go."
- "Ego alone is insufficient to sustain what is unnatural."
- "Guild replaces responsibility. And we rather feel guilty, because it enhance self-importance."
- "It takes one to know one."
- "A true work of art is an object that has power to draw our attention,
to draw perception inwards, to its source of pure beauty.
It is never the thought that is true,
it is never the person that is loveable,
it is never the object that is beautiful.
Truth, love, beauty, they reside in the Self.
They reside at the source of experience.
They are our-self.
Truth, Love, Beauty, can not be found anywhere else.
Everything that we deeply long for: Truth, Love, Beauty
Resides in the simple knowing of our own being as it is.
It's knowing of itself, in us, as us."
- "When, as happens so often, we let our annoyance out on others, while we are actually feeling it about ourselves, we are basically trying to cloud and delude our judgement; we want to motivate our annoyance a posteriori by the oversights and inadequacies of others, so that we can lose sight of ourselves."
- "What we think of others we actually think of ourselves, and therefore all attack is a symptom of insanity, an obsession with our own darkness, fear or self loathing."
- "Let your heart govern where your hand moves. Treat life as if you are creating an exquisite piece of art. Don’t be afraid of a blank canvas."
- "Visit the interior parts of the earth; by rectification you shall find the hidden stone."
- "Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what hold you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom."
- "The greatest nations have all acted like gangsters and the smallest like prostitutes."
- "Don't be conquered by memory."
- "Have a dialogue between the two opposing parts and you will find that they always start out fighting each other until we come to an appreciation of difference."
- "Sometimes God challenges you
to find strength you don’t have.
Only like this will you go beyond
your imagined limits.
You must be pushed so far
that you are forced to be humble.
Only then, when your pride
and arrogance are crushed,
will you discover muscles that are not yours.
You will find and use the muscles of God.
When you completely abandon yourself, your ego,
this miracle becomes possible."
- "My mission, should I choose to accept it, is to find peace with exactly who and what I am. To take pride in my thoughts, my appearance, my talents, my flaws and to stop this incessant worrying that I can’t be loved as I am."
- "With objects or objectivied relationships we tend to have only two types of relationships: Desire or fear. Either we desire something/someone or we have an aversion towards it.
Accept desire and accept fear. Look beyond your limited urges."
- "Truth is what is useful."
- ""We don't set out to save the world; we set out to wonder how people are doing and to reflect on how our actions affect other people hearts.""
- "Allowing for obvious differences, each of us proceeding gradually in our psychological development, must also learn to observe critically the world we are about to enter, and be capable of evaluading and distinguishing between our illness and the collective one.
it's very important to understand this point, because so much neurotic suffering is precisely the result of not having understand that what's gone wring is not within the individual, but in the outside world."
- "Cut the rope and go into a free fall.
No, I don't mean “ending it all”, nothing suicidal.
Nihilistic abyss is not so nihilistic, after all. At the very least you believe in its existence - that is already more than nothing.
But what is more important, it is filled with unmet expectations. Life seems empty and meaningless and lacking… Lacking what exactly?
It is lacking whatever you expected it to have. It is lacking your expectations. Those are your rope. You know that your expectations are not met, yet you are not willing to let go of them.
Cut the rope. Wave bye-bye to your expectations and go into a free fall, exploring whatever happens to come your way. Every moment brings something new, and it is always something unexpected… if you drop the expectations!
Don't make big plans. Just see what the next moment brings. It will never be empty or meaningless, I promise you, if you let go of the mental filter that cuts off everything but your expectations. That filter is what gives the world its nihilistic colors, not the world itself."
- "We are never deceived; we deceive ourselves"
- "What or whom does it serve, to act in this way."
- "I looked, and looked, and this I came to see:
That what I thought was you and you,
Was really me and me."
- "Be lazy as long as you can."
- "It's a mistake to confuse pity with love."
- "If one devalues rationality, the world tends to fall apart."
- "We cannot change anything unless we accept it."
- "To understand all is to forgive all."
- "Whatever is taken away will create an attraction for something more appropriate to who you are now, and who you are becoming."
- "There are three ways you can deal with any situation:
1) Change it
2) Remove yourself from it
3) Accept it totally"
- "You can work really hard in your job and make a living. You can work really hard on yourself and make a fortune. Love your life, and leave a legacy worth remembering."
- "Reflect less, notice more."
- "If it can be written, or thought, it can be filmed."
- "Ich bin das, dass sich sich immer wieder selbst überwinden muss.
Was nicht ist, kann nicht wollen.
Nur wo Leben, da ein Wille.
Wo Wille, da ist es der Wille zur Macht.
Gutes und Böses gibt es nicht.
Alle verschwiegenen Wahrheiten werden giftig.
Alles Lebendige ist Gehorchendes
Aber befehlen ist schwerer als Gehorchen.
Das Lebendige befielt,
Dem Lebendigen ging ich nach."
- "When he makes a mistake, he realizes it.
Having realized it, he admits it.
Having admitted it, he corrects it.
He considers those who point out his faults
as his most benevolent teachers.
He thinks of his enemy
as the shadow that he himself casts."
- "You think that to close eyes on someone or something gives you control. It doesn't.
It's cowardness, or worse: ignorance."
- "Feelings are just as much a vehicle of truth as the facts are, they just communicate another equally important side of it."
- "Everything is shown up by being exposed to the light , and whatever is exposed to the light itself becomes light."
- "Things falling apart is a kind of testing and also a kind of healing. We think that the point is to pass the test or to overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don’t really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It’s just like that. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy."
- "Go for a massage."
- "When you complain you make yourself a victim. Leave the situation, change the situation or accept it. All else is madness."
- "Be useless! Any talent you posess will merely attract the attention of those who exploit it. If you're strong you will die in battle, if you're clever you will be made to work, and then killed in times of fear: it is usually the intelligentsia that are slaughered by nervous goverments. So, be useless!"
- "Fear is the foundation for your indestructible self-confidence."
- "There are few things more fundamentally encouraging and stimulating than seeing someone else die."
- "Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don’t know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings."